from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various deciduous trees of the genus Sorbus of the rose family, having pinnately compound leaves, clusters of small white flowers, and orange-red berries.
- noun A very tall eucalyptus tree (Eucalyptus regnans) valued as a source of timber and pulpwood.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One of several small trees of the genus Pyrus, having ash-like leaves, primarily P. aucuparia
- noun One of several species of Eucalyptus, especially E. amygdalina, E. goniocalyx, E. Sie-beriana, and E. pilularis (the flintwood).
- noun See
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun botany Any of several trees in the genus
Sorbusin North America.
- noun UK The European species
Sorbus aucuparia, also commonly known as rowanor more specifically European rowan.
- noun A tree native to southeastern Australia, Eucalyptus regnans, the tallest of all flowering plants.
- noun A Texan ash tree species, Fraxinus texensis.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun low-growing ash of Texas
- noun any of various trees of the genus Sorbus
- noun tree having wood similar to the alpine ash; tallest tree in Australia and tallest hardwood in the world
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.