from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Covered with many short spines.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. covered with short rough points or studs
- adj. covered with crystals
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Formed with sharp points; full of sharp points or of pickles; covered, or roughened, as a surface, with sharp points or excrescences.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Formed with sharp points; full of sharp spines or prickles.
Racemes many and whorled in the panicle; glume I of sessile spikelets muricate on the margins.