from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Covered with many short spines.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Formed with sharp points; full of sharp spines or prickles.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Formed with sharp points; full of sharp points or of pickles; covered, or roughened, as a surface, with sharp points or excrescences.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective biology covered with short rough points or studs
- adjective mycology covered with crystals
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Latin mūricātus, shaped like a murex, pointed, from mūrex, murex.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Latin muricatus, from murex a pointed rock or stone.
Racemes many and whorled in the panicle; glume I of sessile spikelets muricate on the margins.