from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A small, hardy wild horse of the North American plains, descended from Arabian horses brought to America by Spanish explorers.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A small, hardy, naturalized (feral) horse of the North American west.
- n. A merchant marine who joined the U.S. Navy as a commissioned officer during the American Civil War.
- n. A commissioned officer who started military service as an enlisted person.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The half-wild horse of the plains in Mexico, California, etc. It is small, hardy, and easily sustained.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wild horse of the pampas and prairies of America.
- n. An officer of the United States navy who entered the regular service from the merchant service after serving through the civil war, instead of graduating from the Naval Academy.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. small hardy range horse of the western plains descended from horses brought by the Spanish
#16 POSTED BY alan, May 12th, 2009 11: 27 pm what about the Lincoln from “The Car” or the mustang from the original “Gone in 60 Seconds”
I think I'd laugh more than anything else haha marz that mustang is kick ass! the new k.i.t.t. car has nothing on that. i wanna know how they're going to market this because last time i checked, i dont think they can say the word 'ass' just anywhere.
Plenty Doors told me that Bill is mad because he aint much of a horseman, tried to break a mustang on his own last year and the horse throwed him and broke three ribs.
The mustang was to be a symbol of Denver and the West.
If anything, Justin is trying to turn the domesticated horse into the wild mustang, which is itself sort of a subversion, IMO, even as I found what he did to be inexcusable.
I never could understand why some men who can break a mustang before breakfast and shave in the dark, get all left-handed and full of perspiration and excuses when they see
He got cl'ar away from me -- that is, the mustang.
At this the chief gave a low chuckling laugh, and said that it was all a trick of the mustang, which is the most wily and cunning of all animals.
But i still will admit that the mustang is the better looking car.
They have tales about the school field trip where he stripped to go "naked cliff diving," or the time he was thrown off when he tried to break a mustang and it nearly broke him.