from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adverb & adjective So close that the advantage or lead shifts from one to another and is virtually indeterminable.
- noun A cosmetic surgical procedure in which skin and usually fat are removed and muscle is sometimes tightened to create a slimmer or more youthful appearance.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective idiomatic so
evenly matchedthat the advantage shiftsfrom one to the other, and the outcomeis uncertain
- adverb With the advantage changing hands.
- adverb dated With perceived advantage shifting back and forth among the available alternatives.
minor cosmetic surgerythat tightens loose skin
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective inconclusive as to outcome; close or just even in a race or comparison or competition
- adverb even or close in a race or competition or comparison
- noun plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.