from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adv. So close that the advantage or lead shifts from one to another and is virtually indeterminable.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. so evenly matched that the advantage shifts from one to the other, and the outcome is uncertain
- adv. With the advantage changing hands.
- adv. With perceived advantage shifting back and forth among the available alternatives.
- n. minor cosmetic surgery that tightens loose skin
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a phrase signifying equality in a contest.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. inconclusive as to outcome; close or just even in a race or comparison or competition
- adv. even or close in a race or competition or comparison
- n. plastic surgery to remove wrinkles and other signs of aging from your face; an incision is made near the hair line and skin is pulled back and excess tissue is excised
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.