from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Being in due proportion; proportional.
- transitive verb To make proportionate.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Having proportion, or due proportion; adjusted to something else according to a certain rate or comparative relation; proportional.
- To make proportional; adjust according to a settled rate or to due comparative relation or proportion: as, to
proportionatepunishments to crimes.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Adjusted to something else according to a proportion; proportional.
- transitive verb To make proportional; to adjust according to a settled rate, or to due comparative relation; to proportion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective In
proportion; proportional; commensurable.
- verb transitive To make proportionate.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective exhibiting equivalence or correspondence among constituents of an entity or between different entities
- adjective being in due proportion
- adjective agreeing in amount, magnitude, or degree
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.