from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Smallest in amount or degree.
- adj. Small in amount or degree.
- adj. Only barely adequate.
- adj. Of, relating to, or being minimalism.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. The smallest possible amount, quantity, or degree.
- adj. characterised by the use of simple form or structures.
- adj. characterised by the repetition and gradual alteration of short phrases.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of, pertaining to, or having a character of, a minim or minimum; least; smallest.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Least or smallest; of minimum amount, quantity, or degree; also, pertaining or related to a minimum.
- Relating to the minimus or fifth digit of the hind foot.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. the least possible
Fish offers what he calls a minimal, but positive, story about hallucination.
Well, I'm talking about software and service, it's really what I call minimal migration, where there is a loss there.
NEW ORLEANS (AP) - Mayor Ray Nagin is halting a push to revamp New Orleans 'approach to retaining and attracting businesses, citing a lack of diversity on the board that would guide the effort, posturing for control and what he called a minimal funding commitment by the private sector.
Mayor Ed Clark took issue with what he called minimal dispensary operator requirements.
In my experience, standards are indeed low; gifted students have an easy time earning a degree and less dilligent individuals usually get enough aid to squeak by, provided they put in minimal effort.
To call humane societies impact minimal is ignorant.
When I did not answer, he said, “Be that as it may, I do expect a certain minimal level of engagement on the part of my students if they are to receive a satisfactory grade.”
A: The web restricted nature of the offering means that the digital assets are at all times controlled by the system (versus digital files downloaded to users) and thus result in minimal piracy.
Some cuts - farm subsidies, defense, entitlements - should take precedence because they entail minimal impact on economic growth.
In order to make it work, you need a certain minimal area of collective surface — that is to say, the area of the dish x however many dishes has to equal a certain amount.