from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A star that suddenly becomes much brighter and then gradually returns to its original brightness over a period of weeks to years.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any sudden brightening of a previously inconspicuous star.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A star which suddenly increases in brightness thousands of times, then fades back to near its original intensity. It may appear as a “new” star if its original brightness was too low for routine observation. A star which suddenly increases in brightness to many millions of times its original intensity is a supernova, and the postulated mechanisms for the increases of brightness of novae and supernovae are different.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A ‘new’ or temporary star; a star which makes its appearance suddenly and gradually fades away, the whole decline generally occupying some years and leaving the star still visible in large telescopes. About twenty such stars have thus far been recorded.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a star that ejects some of its material in the form of a cloud and become more luminous in the process
(NOH-vuh) In astronomy, the appearance of a new star in the sky (nova is Latin for new).
Benelli makes high dollar shotguns and they're the best made in my opinion. the super nova is my answer.
Although a nova is much less energetic than a supernova, if recurrent novas are not violent enough to expel more gas than is falling in, mass will accumulate onto the white dwarf star until it passes its Chandrasekhar limit.
The lux nova is both Christ and the physical light that filled his new church, and its brightness is a reference to claritas, and so, to its beauty.
Hehe there are sane people here in no. va … I think nova is one of the more moderate parts of va ..
While the benneli nova is a damn fine gun in its own respect, and the blackeagles are too, with alot of autoloaders you cant just put any old crap 12 gauge in their and expect it to fire.
The leading theory of how our sun formed is called the Nebular Hypothesis Tarbuck and Lutgens 1993, 10, When a massive star “dies,” it collapses back upon itself and explodes, becoming what is called a nova.
i live in nova Scotia and well it would be pretty hard for me to get across Canada ..
What gets me even madder is that mcdonnell gave deeds so much ammo what with his grad school thesis and everything but deeds didn’t take full advantage of that … He also didn’t really “sell” himself here in nova like he should have ..
Last week's term was res nova, which is defined as: