from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Crazy; insane.
- adj. Extremely enthusiastic: I'm nuts about opera.
- interj. Used to express contempt, disappointment, or refusal.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Plural form of nut.
- n. Testicles.
- n. A hand that can be proven unbeatable even when the hand's holder does not know any of the hidden cards the other poker players involved in a hand hold or held.
- adj. Insane, mad.
- adj. Crazy, mad; unusually pleased or, alternatively, angered.
- interj. Indicates annoyance, anger, or disappointment.
- interj. Signifies rejection of a proposal or idea, as in forget it, no way, or nothing doing.
- v. Third-person singular simple present indicative form of nut.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- Crazy; loony; insane; batty; -- used in a predicate position, ususually in phrases such as to go nuts, went nuts, are you nuts?
- interj. An expression of disapproval, defiance, or displeasure, as in: “Ah, nuts! My knife just broke.”
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. informal or slang terms for mentally irregular
All afternoon she had been with the children, playing Oranges and lemons, A ring, a ring of roses, and Here we come gathering nuts in May, _nuts_ in May,
And a golf club to the nuts is the sincerest form of entertainment.
When I said the word nuts, which is what Jesse Jackson actually did say that we knew at that time, I was not bleeped.
In a fiercely argued critique of the proposed balanced-budget amendment, which he calls "nuts," Bartlett accuses Republican lawmakers of once again trying the "starve-the-beast" ploy that has repeatedly failed.
Whenever a few of us label nuts were gathered together, we'd gripe about those plain vanilla labels.
Both my husband and son are train nuts, so we hopped off the freeway to see what the fuss was about.
Reading up on these “Nordic” nuts is like cleaning out the septic tank.
One of the things that the drug manufacturers do that drives us nuts is advertise prescription drugs on television.
What would really drive the left nuts is massive contributions to K-12 education in the form of scholarships to attend private schools.
Yeah, well, the problem with conspiracy nuts is that any evidence that runs counter to their conspiracy theory is evidence of a cover up.