from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of, relating to, or based on the number eight.
- noun A number system having 8 as its base.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun arithmetic, computing, uncountable The number system that uses the eight digits 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7.
- adjective arithmetic, computing Concerning numbers expressed in octal or mathematical calculations performed using octal.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or pertaining to a number system having 8 as its base
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.