from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A device for measuring osmotic pressure.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Any of various devices used to measure osmotic pressure
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. An instrument for measuring the amount of osmotic action in different liquids.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An instrument or apparatus for measuring the velocity of the osmotic force.
- n. An instrument for measuring the acuteness of the sense of smell.
Osmolality was measured with a vapor pressure osmometer (VAPRO 5520 from Wescor).
Norwood, MA, USA) or with a VAPRO 5520 vapor pressure osmometer (Wescor.
The osmolality of the culture medium was measured in a Fiske ONE TEN osmometer (Fiske Associates.