from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A setting for a precious stone.
- noun A clasp or brooch, especially one set with jewels.
- interjection Used to express sudden pain or displeasure.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun An ornament or jewel of the nature of a brooch or clasp; any jewel or ornament; specifically, a clasp used for a cope in place of the agraffe. Its use in the English Old Testament seems to be restricted to ‘setting,’ or ‘socket.’ Also
- noun The blow given by a boar's tusk.
- noun A tumor or boil on the skin; a carbuncle.
- An exclamation expressing pain, as when one is suddenly hurt, as by a slight burn, a prick of a pin, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A socket or bezel holding a precious stone; hence, a jewel or ornament worn on the person.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun Alternative form of
- interjection An expression of one's own physical
- interjection An expression in
sympathyat another's pain.
- interjection A reply to an
insult(frequently one that is tongue-in-cheekor joking).
- interjection An expression of disappointment.
- interjection slang, Australia, New Zealand, UK Expressing surprise at the high
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
February 19th, 2010 at 6: 06 pm just the bleepn facts says: family guy actress with down syndrome response to sarah palin – ouch!
If you've ever had a child bite your nipple -- "ouch" -- the appropriate thing to do is immediately flick an exposed area of skin with your finger.
Bruce Willis stops from time to time to say "ouch" - that's the ground broken by "Die Hard."
I wrote the song and all these folks came up to me to say they heard the strength and the moving on, and not the "ouch" part of it.
It stopped abruptly in mid-waggle with a muffled "ouch" from its owner.
Of all the things you could program a robot to do, this is all they could come up with -- "ouch" and "please don't touch my breast"?
It's not as if the question could be answered (by the curators) by saying "then it sends an 'ouch' message to the person's 'ConsciousOf' method", or "they can't solve the problem of consciousness because in their simulated universe they aren't aware of the 'consciousion' particles that provide their conscious experiences".
They hit at her and her supporters while crying 'ouch'.???
Trying to have his way and little Lisa says 'ouch'
I experienced an 'ouch' when you mentioned east Cleveland.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.