from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- interj. Used to express sudden pain or displeasure.
- n. A setting for a precious stone.
- n. A brooch or buckle set with jewels.
- n. Obsolete A clasp; a brooch.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- interj. An expression of one's own physical pain.
- interj. An expression in sympathy at another's pain.
- interj. A reply to an insult (frequently one that is tongue-in-cheek or joking).
- interj. An expression of disappointment.
- interj. Expressing surprise at the high price of something.
- n. Alternative form of ouche.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A socket or bezel holding a precious stone; hence, a jewel or ornament worn on the person.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. An ornament or jewel of the nature of a brooch or clasp; any jewel or ornament; specifically, a clasp used for a cope in place of the agraffe. Its use in the English Old Testament seems to be restricted to ‘setting,’ or ‘socket.’ Also owche.
- n. The blow given by a boar's tusk.
- n. A tumor or boil on the skin; a carbuncle.
- An exclamation expressing pain, as when one is suddenly hurt, as by a slight burn, a prick of a pin, etc.
February 19th, 2010 at 6: 06 pm just the bleepn facts says: family guy actress with down syndrome response to sarah palin – ouch!
If you've ever had a child bite your nipple -- "ouch" -- the appropriate thing to do is immediately flick an exposed area of skin with your finger.
Bruce Willis stops from time to time to say "ouch" - that's the ground broken by "Die Hard."
I wrote the song and all these folks came up to me to say they heard the strength and the moving on, and not the "ouch" part of it.
Of all the things you could program a robot to do, this is all they could come up with -- "ouch" and "please don't touch my breast"?
It's not as if the question could be answered (by the curators) by saying "then it sends an 'ouch' message to the person's 'ConsciousOf' method", or "they can't solve the problem of consciousness because in their simulated universe they aren't aware of the 'consciousion' particles that provide their conscious experiences".
They hit at her and her supporters while crying 'ouch'.???
It stopped abruptly in mid-waggle with a muffled "ouch" from its owner.
Trying to have his way and little Lisa says 'ouch'
I experienced an 'ouch' when you mentioned east Cleveland.