from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Same as bush, a lining.
- transitive v. Same as bush, to line.
- n. A mouth.
- n. An allowance of meat and drink for the tables of inferior officers or servants in a nobleman's palace or at court.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In the ancient French monarchy, the service of the king's table, under the direction of the master of the king's household.
- n. A certain allowance of provisions made by a king to those who obeyed his summons to the field, according to the feudal system of military service.
- n. Any supply of provisions; food. Formerly corruptly bouge.
- n. In medieval armor, a notch or indentation in the upper right-hand edge of the shield, allowing a weapon to be passed through it.
- n. In ordnance, a short cylinder of copper placed in a counterbore in the face of the breech-block, and through which the vent of a piece of breech-loading ordnance is drilled; a bushing.
- n. The mouth of a firearm of any kind; the bore.
- To form or drill a new mouth or vent in, as in a gun which has been spiked.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Trying to feel relevant now is a bit like/touching my own mouth shot full of anesthetic,/or forming the word "bouche" while drunk.
Quand on connaît toutes les misères que les propos de De Gucht ont suscité et qu'on entend le même discours de la bouche du « raïs », on se dit: « ça sent mauvais ».
And as a further amuse-bouche for his slavering critics, the author has himself not just killed off but decapitated and chopped to pieces, the strips of his flesh ornamenting the room like a Jackson Pollock.
But there is a counterpoint slogan, which comes out of the cynical bouche of Prince Talleyrand, the club-footed but elegant lothario who was a survivor of the Revolution in France: "Above all, not too much zeal."
On Fox, he grills red meat (Obama is the "most radical" president, the "food stamp" president, the "Kenyan, anti-colonial" president), but on mainstream shows, he is quick to cleanse the palate with an even-handed amuse bouche ("I don’t think right-wing social engineering is any more desirable than left-wing social engineering").
One delightful amuse bouche is followed by another.
Plan to linger a while at the table, since meals begin with a few delicate amuse-bouche and end with a true fanfare of heavenly desserts.
Then the embroidered lace curtains on the left window and dig those GORGEOUS aqua bleu shutters (ma couleur favorie). the red "boucherie" sign is fun -- I imagine the angled "u" as a grande bouche opening up for the delights that can be found inside ... drools.
Press play below for your @KrisAllen amuse-bouche, then check back later this week for the entire interview feast.
C. Entice the gentlemen to sample rather than just size-up my assets (think amuse bouche and bite).