from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Inconsistent with one's personality, disposition, or usual expected behaviour.
- adj. Not in character; not successfully performing within the mindset of a given character in a theatrical performance. See also break character, drop character.
- adj. Not acting; not "on"; behaving within one's natural personality rather than that of a character, or taking actions entirely outside the fictional context.
- adv. In a manner inconsistent with one's usual and expected personality or behavior.
- adv. Away from the mindset, personality, or behavior assumed for a role that an actor is rehearsing or performing, or that a player is playing.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adv. unbecoming; improper.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.