from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- transitive v. To last longer than; outlast: durable clothing that outwears other brands.
- transitive v. To get over (something) by the passage of time; outgrow: "He . . . may outwear those unattractive qualities of character” ( Westminster Gazette).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To wear out
- v. To outlast
- v. To survive longer
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- transitive v. To wear out; to consume or destroy by wearing.
- transitive v. To last longer than; to outlast.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To wear out; exhaust utterly; wear away; waste; impair; hence, to render obsolete.
- To exhaust gradually by use or persistence; use up; consume; hence, to pass away (time); last out; endure to the end of; wait till the expiration or conclusion of.
- To wear or last longer than; outlast.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. exhaust or get tired through overuse or great strain or stress
- v. last longer than others
Sorry, no etymologies found.
In keeping with that theme, his outwear is a durable nylon-cotton blend "to withstand the harsh environment we've created."
Super-insulated outwear for sitting in treestands - toasty until the cold wind blew through.
The Tiffany Lawrence line is an exclusive outwear -- primarily coats.
Missoni dress: We've covered daywear and outwear, but the winter dinner party/bar scene calls for a bit more imagination.
Getty Images Richard Chai's menswear line also featured layers of thick outwear over knits in a show that was all about relaxation and sophistication.
Mixed within the brand's vintage flannel shirts and outwear-like cardigans are exclusive store collaborations from Crockett
Everything from shoes and outwear to cute party dresses will be on sale, so hit this place up as the alternative to standing in line at Urban Outfitters this holiday season.
Expect crazily reduced prices on F/W knitwear and outwear at this Original Penguin Showroom sale we're talking coats for $20 and t-shirts for $5.
I once spent an entire afternoon in a thrift shop trying on outwear looking for one item that would hold all my pocket pals and I didn't have any luck.
Zoocarp hackle lining during funk Credit card, whereas whether outwear seeing stealthily.