from The Century Dictionary.
- Scandalous; ignominious; disgraceful; shameful.
- Containing slander or defamation; calumnious; defamatory: as, slanderous words, speeches, or reports.
- Given to slander; uttering defamatory words or tales.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Given or disposed to slander; uttering slander.
- adjective Embodying or containing slander; calumnious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective of something said Both
untrueand harmfulto a reputation.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective (used of statements) harmful and often untrue; tending to discredit or malign
Sorry, no etymologies found.
The Vatican denounced what it called a "slanderous campaign" against the Roman Catholic Church over the actions of Pope Pius XII during the Holocaust.
Criticize the stands on issues as you like, but to characterize Jeff in slanderous terms is both patently false and an affront to those who choose to read your blog.
Means "slanderous" - suggests that the ancient devil defamed people through word and deed
"And what exactly do you call a slanderous letter sent about about Don and anyone else running against Abbott?
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The president of Ohio State University apologized Friday for comparing the problem of coordinating the school's many divisions to the Polish army, an off-the-cuff remark that a Polish-American group called a "slanderous" display of bigotry and ignorance.
Millcreek political ad causes sparks, called slanderous by opponent.
WikiLeaks row: Putin labels US embassy cables 'slanderous'
Last week, Goldstein filed a countersuit, pointing to Stone's "slanderous" comments from the Coachella stage.
It's precisely this kind of slanderous campaign that you regularly run against anyone who disagrees with you.
I guess when somebody calls your client a prostitute, the "B" word, drug addict, and con-artist, you might want to put a stop to that kind of slanderous commentary.