from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Tending to penetrate; penetrant.
- adjective Displaying keen insight; acute.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Penetrating; piercing; keen; subtle; permeating.
- Acute; discerning; sagacious.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Tending to penetrate; of a penetrating quality; piercing.
- adjective Having the power to affect or impress the mind or heart; impressive.
- adjective Acute; discerning; sagacious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of, pertaining to, or involving
- adjective Having the ability to
- adjective Displaying
insightor discrimination; acute
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective tending to penetrate; having the power of entering or piercing
- adjective having or demonstrating ability to recognize or draw fine distinctions
Sorry, no etymologies found.
It is a genuine biography with that special accent due to the biographer's personality and his power of what I may call penetrative synthesis.
The insistence on seeing HIV transmission as villainy obscures the most stubborn fact about the epidemic - far from being the realm of malevolent or sociopathic people, HIV is transmitted through behaviors that are otherwise completely natural and normal, such as penetrative intercourse - or behaviors that may often be hard to control rather than
Since girls are not necessarily going to have "penetrative" sex with boys and men and boys / men are almost certainly going to be having "penetrative" sex with somebody, why not treat only boys and men for this?
It's a violent, penetrative act, that scars what it observes.
Throbert McGee says: it would appear that non-penetrative sexual activities, such as frottage and mutual masturbation, are technically excluded.
Before the Hite Report, sexologists such as Freud and Kinsey propounded the view that "proper vaginal orgasms" could only come about with penetrative sex.
To provide efficiency during maintenance, the concrete was exposed, finished with a penetrative sealer for concretes.
As a form of non-penetrative sex, it can be done for its own enjoyment or as foreplay before other activities, such as oral sex.
In Rooney's absence Nani was United's most penetrative player, his confidence epitomised by the way he waltzed through Stoke's defence to slide a left-foot shot past Begovic for the opening goal.
That would depend, of course, on how a particular statute defines “sodomy,” but since Article 125 makes very specific reference to “penetration,” it would appear that non-penetrative sexual activities, such as frottage and mutual masturbation, are technically excluded.