from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb literally To remove by picking.
- verb To shoot one by one.
- verb To dispose of tasks, obstacles, opponents etc. one by one.
- verb baseball To
throw outa runnerby taggingthem whilst they are not in contact with any of the three basesor home plate.
- verb To intercept, such as a ball in flight.
- noun baseball An instance of throwing out a batter leading off base.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.