from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The grip of a pistol, shaped to fit the hand.
- noun A similar grip sometimes used on a submachine gun or other firearm.
- noun A grip used on certain tools, such as a saw, shaped to fit the hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The grip by which a pistol is held in the hand
- noun A similarly shaped grip on any of several
firearms, swordsand tools
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a handle (as of a gun or saw) shaped like the butt of a pistol
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.