from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The grip of a pistol, shaped to fit the hand.
- n. A similar grip sometimes used on a submachine gun or other firearm.
- n. A grip used on certain tools, such as a saw, shaped to fit the hand.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The grip by which a pistol is held in the hand
- n. A similarly shaped grip on any of several firearms, swords and tools
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a handle (as of a gun or saw) shaped like the butt of a pistol
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Even though the Persuader had a pistol grip instead of a stock I raised it high to my shoulder and sighted carefully down the barrel.
The outline turned again: Janus saw, unmistakably, the shadow of a protrusion above the barrel, thicker than the barrel, that began above the pistol grip and ran no more than a quarter of the barrel’s length, where it flared out in a bell.