from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A connecting rod that transmits power to or is powered by a piston.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a rod or bar in an engine that connects a piston to a crosshead
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a rod by which a piston is moved, or by which it communicates motion.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See piston, 1.
- n. The stuffing-box of a piston.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. connecting rod that moves or is moved by a piston
Sorry, no etymologies found.