from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A hawker of small wares, as on the streets or at a carnival.
- n. One who makes aggressive selling or promotional efforts.
- n. One who delivers commercials on radio or television.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A salesman, especially, one who aggressively markets wares from a street stall, or a carnival or side show act.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an aggressive salesman who uses a fast line of talk to sell something
- n. someone who travels about selling his wares (as on the streets or at carnivals)
Casting the notoriously uber-capitalistic and over-the-top rocker as a TV-ad lawyer/pitchman is brilliant, but Simmons looks uncomfortable sitting at a table in a scene with solid character actor J.K. Simmons and Bateman.
The story starts with a pitchman from the Hierarchy offering Illyria all she had in the distant past if she would just do them the favor of killing Liandra and, although it is unspecified, no doubt destroying Bete Noire in the process, which has now been shown to be the center of the psyche of all the rest of the world.
It’s a tirade, of course, but here Hirsch, as manic and breathy as any television pitchman, is busy pushing product on every page.
An avid gardener, he was later known as the pitchman for Miracle-Gro plant food.
His wife found Mays -- best known as the pitchman for OxiClean and star of many other TV infomercials -- unconscious in their Florida home, TMZ reports\
Mark Richt as a pitchman is a bit of a mixed bag in terms of execution.
And he cried to Larry King about not being able to work as a "pitchman" to pay that note because he broke his neck in a fall?
Mr. Bosley also toured nationally in musicals, including the 1920s evergreen "Showboat," and was a longtime pitchman for Glad trash bags.
Pacquiao was recently a pitchman for a Hewlett-Packard campaign.
But the surprising majority went to Bartolo Colon, the portly pitcher who seems unlikely to ever be hired as a Jack LaLanne pitchman.