from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A card marked with its rank and suit and belonging to any of several decks used in playing various games.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One of usually 52 rectangular pieces of card used to play numerous games, featuring either one to 10 pips or a picture and belonging of one of four suits.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. cards used in playing games; specifically, the cards cards used playing which and other games of chance, and having each pack divided onto four kinds or suits called hearts, diamonds, clubs, and spades. The full or whist pack contains fifty-two cards.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One of a pack of cards used for playing games; especially, one of a set composed of fifty-two cards, of four suits—diamonds, hearts, spades, and clubs.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. one of a pack of cards that are used to play card games
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.