from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An excessive or pathological desire to eat.
- n. Zoology The habit of feeding on many different kinds of food.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An excessive appetite for food
- n. The eating of many different types of food
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In medicine, excessive desire of eating; voracity.
- n. In zoology, same as polyphagy.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
About the middle of March, 1917, he suddenly developed polyuria, polyphagia, and polydipsia, and lost fourteen pounds in weight in a fortnight.
Drake 12.148 reports a curious instance of polyphagia.
Any patient treated with atypical antipsychotics should be monitored for symptoms of hyperglycemia including polydipsia, polyuria, polyphagia, and weakness.