from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Emerging quickly from a recessed or concealed position when activated.
- adjective Rising to form a three-dimensional structure when a page is opened.
- noun A device or illustration that pops up.
- noun Computers A webpage or advertisement that opens automatically in a new window of a web browser.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective coming into
viewsuddenly from a concealedposition
- adjective opening out to form a
three-dimensionalstructure when the pageof a bookis opened
- noun Something that
- noun A pop-up
advertisement; an advertisement that is triggeredto appear on a computer screenwhen an internetuser accessesa particular web page.
- noun baseball A
ballthat has been hit to a considerable height above the infieldor the shallow outfield; a pop fly.
- noun A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a short high fly ball
- noun a book (usually for children) that contains one or more pages such that a three-dimensional structure rises up when a page is opened
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.