from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun One whose welfare, training, or career is promoted by an influential person.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun One who is under the care and protection of another.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- One under the care and protection of another.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A person who is guided and supported by an older and more experienced person or
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a person who receives support and protection from an influential patron who furthers the protege's career
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French, from past participle of protéger, to protect, from Old French, from Latin prōtegere; see protect.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Borrowed from French protégé, past participle of protéger ("to protect").
Sorry, no example sentences found.