from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The art of manufacturing or setting off fireworks. Also called pyrotechny.
- n. A fireworks display.
- n. A brilliant display, as of rhetoric or wit, or of virtuosity in the performing arts.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The art and technology of fireworks and related military applications.
- n. A display of fireworks.
- n. An impressive display.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The art of making fireworks; the manufacture and use of fireworks; pyrotechny.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The art of making fireworks; the composition, structure, and use of fireworks. See firework, 2.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. (music) brilliance of display (as in the performance of music)
- n. the craft of making fireworks
Earlier in the day, he came out, too, facing reporters, saying that the case wasn't about what he called the pyrotechnics that the other camp made.
The rage in Trae's eyes was like a silent and contained explosion; the implacable quality of it reduced the hatreds of lesser races like humans, Klingons, or Kzinti, to mere short-term pyrotechnics.
Unfortunately, the set is lacking in, shall we say, DVD "pyrotechnics" -- Barbara Hale is still around, as is director Ted Post, and it would be nice to have some series alumni contribute an audio commentary or two to forthcoming volumes.
Authorities say an explosive device, variously described as pyrotechnics or fireworks, shattered internal windows in a basement room at the Morosani Posthotel, about 1,000 yards from the conference center where former President Bill Clinton, French President Nicolas Sarkozy and British Deputy Prime Minister Nick Clegg were set to speak.
I'll put some cloud cover on there, and you can see that some of the pyrotechnics might be a little bit difficult to see.
The name of this company was on his briefcase, bags, etc., and it included the word "pyrotechnics" and possibly, "explosives."
QUESTION: Does anybody know what kind of pyrotechnics were involved in this?
QUESTION: Did anyone say what kind of pyrotechnics they were?
The Prime Minister has pointedly dismissed the need for "pyrotechnics" to win the election.
If a performance at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center or a different facility will include special effects such as pyrotechnics, smoke, fire or mists, there may be an early test run to see how that will affect smoke alarms and other safety systems.