from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The process by which radiographs are made. Also called skiagraphy.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. the process of making radiographs, and the science of analyzing them
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Art or process of making radiographs, radiograms, or autoradiograms.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The production of images on sensitized plates by means of the X-rays or the rays from radioactive substances.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. photography that uses other kinds of radiation than visible light
- n. the process of making a radiograph; producing an image on a radiosensitive surface by radiation other than visible light
The first year fellows progress through all major modalities including plain radiography, fluoroscopy, cross sectional body imaging including computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound (US), neuroradiology, nuclear medicine, interventional radiology and cardiovascular imaging (CVI) under full-time staff supervision.
Enlarge+General radiography is the most basic form of medical imaging.
Already many of these isotopes have industrial uses in radiography of castings, welds and inspection of internal parts of machines-replacing X-ray machines of various penetrating power.
"The ideal thing would be to have digital radiography, which is the latest technology."
Kuehn continues to use a conventional X-ray machine at her hospital instead of newer digital radiography, which is more expensive.
Geological dating of rock strata isn't neccesarilly dependant on "radiography".
She points out that Calder Hall also produced plutonium for nuclear bombs but says she isn't opposed to 'the atom' being used for medical purposes such as radiography but is very aware of the danger it poses due to its toxic nature.
Because of the limitations of EPM diagnostic testing, other diagnostic testing (such as radiography of the neck, if deemed appropriate) should be performed to help exclude other diseases that result in similar clinical signs.
As well as the five-year MBBS in medicine, St George's offers foundationand undergraduate degrees in healthcare sciences including diagnostic or therapeutic radiography, and physiotherapy, biomedical science, healthcare science, pharmacy, nursing, midwifery and social work.
Joliot-Curie was still a teenager when she worked with her mother in the radiography corps during World War I.