from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To erase.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A scratch; an abrasion; a slight wound.
- noun A Middle English form of
- Same as
- To scrape or glance along the surface of; scratch; graze; shave.
- To obliterate by scraping; erase; cancel; hence, to strike out of existence; annul; destroy: often with out.
- To level with the ground or the supporting surface; tear down or demolish; reduce to ruins: in this sense now always spelled
- Synonyms Raze, Demolish. See
- noun An imperfection in velveteen or other pile fabric after the pile is cut.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb obsolete To be leveled with the ground; to fall; to suffer overthrow.
- noun obsolete A scratching out, or erasure.
- noun obsolete A slight wound; a scratch.
- noun (O. Eng. Law) A way of measuring in which the commodity measured was made even with the top of the measuring vessel by rasing, or striking off, all that was above it.
- transitive verb obsolescent To rub along the surface of; to graze.
- transitive verb obsolescent To rub or scratch out; to erase.
- transitive verb To level with the ground; to overthrow; to destroy; to raze.
- transitive verb a tool for removing old oakum and pitch from the seams of a vessel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
scratchingout, or erasure
- noun A slight wound; a scratch
- noun A way of measuring in which the commodity measured was made even with the top of the measuring vessel by rasing, or striking off, all that was above it
- verb to
rubalong the surface of; to graze
- verb to rub or scratch out; to
- verb to level with the ground; to overthrow; to destroy; to
- verb to be leveled with the ground; to fall; to suffer
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- verb tear down so as to make flat with the ground
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
Wilson should be impeached for trying to rase a hate issue in our great nation. those who would or will follow this ass (Wilson). need to stop and think. did any one of these racist people have the ability to choose how or who they were when they were born?
People here have the state government change laws an then have the new laws applies to people that was sentenced under the old law but not with every law just the ones the people rase hell about ,so they do it just to keep there jobs what happen to them suppost to that care of eveyone here an to treat everyone farely.
She's no Obama and could in no way rase that much cash from insurance company employees.
Nextee bugglie rase shud bee a rollypolly race and wee kin jest roll downz a hill!
Iz da rase dunned yet? iz tired … cwashes inta ta pool and has a rest!
You're so busy pouring over ridiculous electoral map conjectures and horse rase bullshit to stop and consider whether the horse you're pulling over is even worthy of the office.
I hadda funz at da Cheezestock. da kitteh pillar rase was bestest.
“And now commenced the rase for Bull Run and Manasses,” in the description of a Pennsylvania cavalryman.
The “rase” noted by the Pennsylvanian quickened later on October 14.
Ai thottd yu gyez kud too kuz ov da rase dat wuz mennee daez ago, when kiti wuz sad nobudy kaem to partey.