from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A card game, played in many variations, in which the object is to obtain sets of three or more cards of the same rank or suit.
- n. Slang A drunkard.
- adj. Chiefly British Odd, strange, or dangerous; rum.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a card game with many rule variants, conceptually similar to mahjong.
- n. a rum-drinking alcoholic.
- adj. rum; peculiar; odd
- adj. Resembling or tasting of rum.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Of or pertaining to rum; characteristic of rum; as a rummy flavor.
- n. One who drinks rum; an habitually intemperate person.
- adj. Strange; odd.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Of or pertaining to rum: as, a rummy flavor.
- Rum; queer.
- n. A drunkard; also one who favors the liquor traffic.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a chronic drinker
- adj. beyond or deviating from the usual or expected
- n. a card game based on collecting sets and sequences; the winner is the first to meld all their cards
No matter how hard I try, I will never beat you at Scrabble, or gin rummy or any game, ever.
Curiously, Jamie and another important character play gin rummy instead.
Kashing get together with him continually to play gin rummy games.
Learned it from canasta and later from gin rummy — usage there is combining similar cards into a set.
The five-hour flight to Honolulu aboard a chartered 737 — one everyday travelers would fly on — hasn't even taken off, but Nelson and assistant coach Larry Riley, near the back of the jet, have christened the opening of gin rummy season.
Fucking rummy is beyond belief, the sooner he dies the better for the world and the better for the ruination of hell.
Cherry learned walking-around Spanish and became a crack gin rummy player.
We also played gin rummy with a deck of cards I made out of pieces of paper.
At least no one at Chrysler has volunteered one, except to inform me that he is a superb gin rummy player.
To think that what happened at abu greb didn’t come from at least rummy is to intentionally wear blinders.