from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A heavy cavalry sword with a one-edged, slightly curved blade.
- n. A light dueling or fencing sword having an arched guard covering the hand and a tapered flexible blade with a cutting edge on one side and on the tip.
- transitive v. To hit, injure, or kill with a saber.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Alternative spelling of sabre.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A sword with a broad and heavy blade, thick at the back, and usually more or less curved like a scimiter; a cavalry sword.
- transitive v. To strike, cut, or kill with a saber; to cut down, as with a saber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A heavy sword having a single edge, and thickest at the back of the blade, tapering gradually toward the edge.
- n. A soldier armed with a saber.
- To furnish with a saber.
- To strike or cut with a saber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. kill with a saber
- n. a fencing sword with a v-shaped blade and a slightly curved handle
- v. cut or injure with a saber
- n. a stout sword with a curved blade and thick back
So while they're watching the administration, they're suspicious of its motives and what they call saber rattling.
In Spanish, for example, "saber" is the infinitive of "to know" in the sense of knowing a fact or knowing how to do something.
I have a Ep. III Anakin saber, well the hilt pommel where you put the batteries in corroded and I wanna replace it, does anyone know where i can buy a replacement battery housing?
Kids would really want to be Anakin and the light saber is the perfect accessory thatÂ will go alongÂ with this great Halloween costume.
A light saber is one of the most important aspects of this costume.
Ward shines in saber events, wins USA TODAY's weekly honor
Ward shines in saber events, wins USA TODAY's weekly honor - USATODAY. com
We will get more from our government if the legislative saber is used judiciously.
No lo podemos descutir sin saber con quien o para que estamos descutiendo.
According to a press release, the light saber is expected to fetch $60-$80,000.