from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The study of fecal excrement, as in medicine, paleontology, or biology.
- noun Obscene language or literature, especially that dealing pruriently or humorously with excrement and excretory functions.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun The science of fossil excrement; the knowledge of animals which may be acquired by the examination of coprolites.
- noun Study of the feces in relation to normal and pathological composition and the diagnostic importance of the latter.
- noun The study of the use (or examination) of excrements in religious rites, witchcraft, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun The
scientific study, or the chemical analysisof faeces.
- noun A
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a preoccupation with obscenity (especially that dealing with excrement or excretory functions)
- noun (medicine) the chemical analysis of excrement (for medical diagnosis or for paleontological purposes)
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Ancient Greek σκῶρ (skōr, "excrement") + -ology.
Sorry, no example sentences found.