from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Unintelligible or nonsensical talk or writing.
- noun Highly technical or esoteric language.
- noun Unnecessarily pretentious or vague language.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun Rapid and inarticulate talk; unintelligible or incoherent language; confused or disguised speech; jargon.
- noun Synonyms See
- Unmeaning; unintelligible; disguised or jargonized, as words.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun Rapid and inarticulate talk; unintelligible language; unmeaning words.
- noun Incomprehensible, obscure, or pretentious technical talk or writing; excessively obscure jargon.
- adjective Unmeaning.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
speechor writingthat is unintelligible, incoherentor meaningless
- noun needlessly obscure or overly technical language
unintelligible, incoherentor meaningless
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun unintelligible talking
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Look up the term "gibberish" and tell me I'm wrong.
Responding to trollish gibberish is like yelling at an automated phone answering service.
Politicians have to be diplomatic, and pissing off Obama by spouting neocon gibberish is probably not a good idea.
The above gibberish is illustrative of what happens when you turn education over to the government.
Is there some point that your apparently random gibberish is working toward?
We're going to get a pigdin gibberish post one of these days, followed by him announcing he's off to buy a yacht.
While getting Anti (?) war. com to stop linking to prowar gibberish is obviously a forlorn task, perhaps you could at least stop paying people to write it?
What you need to know in order to understand this gibberish is that the rifle is assumed to be 42.5 inches long, that L equals the distance the bullet will go wide, and that the asterisk means multiply.
I couldn't get an email response until I threatened to go to her workplace, and now I can't get the emails to stop - and the best part? turns out there are two women using the same email account and one of them doesn't sign her emails, which explains why one of them is always in gibberish - in 6 weeks of communications I never knew I was speaking to TWO people.
Well, "meaningless gibberish" is what they hear, and all they can understand.