from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Foolish, deceitful, or boastful language.
- n. Something worthless, deceptive, or insincere.
- n. Insolent talk or behavior.
- intransitive v. To speak foolishly or insolently.
- intransitive v. To engage in idle conversation.
- transitive v. To attempt to mislead or deceive by talking nonsense.
- adj. Very angry; incensed.
- interj. Used to express extreme displeasure or exasperation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. False or exaggerated statements made to impress and deceive the listener rather than inform; nonsense.
- n. A card game in which the object is to bluff about cards laid down and to determine when one's opponents are bluffing; also known as "BS" or "I Doubt It".
- n. An object of frustration and/or disgust, often caused by a perceived deception.
- n. The faeces of a bull.
- adj. Absurd, irrational, or nonsensical. Most often said of speech, information, or content.
- v. To tell lies, exaggerate; to mislead; to deceive.
- v. To have casual conversation with no real point.
- v. To come up with on the spot, to improvise poorly.
- interj. An expression of disbelief or doubt at what one has just heard.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a ludicrously false statement.
- v. to talk through one's hat.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. obscene words for unacceptable behavior
- v. speak insincerely or without regard for facts or truths
It gets worse, but you knew that already: ideology wrapped in bullshit is not evidence.
The latest line in bullshit is to identify those that hate/dislike the police and having identified them attempt to win them over.
I can honestly say I've never gotten more mileage out of the word bullshit than I did last week at the when I called bullshit, I wasn't responding to Karen Page personally -- she was simply voicing what everyone seems to believe and propagate: that we all lead such busy lives that we have no time to cook.
Also, if anyone can explain to me what this bullshit is all about, I'd appreciate it.
Treehugger points us to an interesting interview with fashion designer Lika Volkova, in which she calls bullshit on a mushrooming business trend: Green clothing.
What I'm trying to say is: Just because someone tells you that are are talking bullshit, and that this kind of bullshit is best charaqcterised by calling it racist, sexist or anti-Semitic, that doesn't mean that they are "branding" you.
The word bullshit occurred to him, and he knew that was exactly what he was hearing, but he was so far gone now that he didn’t even feel like arguing about it.
Two thousand pages of bullshit is going to require more than one shovel.
Yet, you completely dismiss the problem by claiming that we are just "bitching" and engaging in "bullshit discussion."
Not being able to find a buyer for Nazi kiddy porn bullshit is not a free speech issue.