from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A child's vehicle consisting of a long footboard between two small end wheels, controlled by an upright steering handle attached to the front wheel.
- n. A motor scooter.
- n. A flatbottom sailboat with runners that can skim over water or ice.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A kick scooter.
- n. A small motor-powered bicycle of similar design, also motor scooter.
- n. A mobility scooter, i.e. an electric-powered scooter specially designed for disabled and/or elderly people.
- n. Any of the large, black ducks of the genus Melanitta; the scoter.
- n. A type of ice yacht known at least in the state of New York, equipped with runners for travelling over ice. The body has a flat bottom and is capable of floating in the water which makes it safe to use also on thin ice.
- v. To ride on a scooter.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- To sail a scooter or ice-scooter.
- n. One who or that which scoots.
- n. A scoot; a squirt or syringe.
- n. Same as scoter.
- n. An oblong plow, or cultivator shovel, from under 2½ to 5 inches wide, suited to break a furrow, and thus contrasted with a sweep or scrape; also a plow-stock fitted with such a blade; a scooter plow: used to break out the middle of cotton-beds, to mix fertilizer which has been deposited in furrows, etc.
- n. Same as ice-scooter.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. large black diving duck of northern parts of the northern hemisphere
- n. a sailing vessel with runners and a cross-shaped frame; suitable for traveling over ice
- n. child's two-wheeled vehicle operated by foot
- n. a wheeled vehicle with small wheels and a low-powered gasoline engine geared to the rear wheel
- n. a motorboat resembling a motor scooter
Sorry, no etymologies found.
A kick scooter or push scooter is a small platform with two or more wheels that is propelled by a rider pushing off the ground.
Side streets, because there are no houses on them are a uniform 50MPH posted (60MPH actual), so even an electric scooter is out and a Vespa is pushing the limit.
However, this personal scooter is probably not up to par to the Segway in speed or ruggedness.
The Piaggio MP3 is a tilting three-wheeled scooter from the Italian manufacturer Piaggio.
I don’t think the scooter is going to get Daddy away from his TV and chairside commode.
Wooden Scooter Race: A Tribute to Filipino Ingenuity (also the source of the photo) – I wonder what that “secret” story is, which was the inspiration for naming the scooter Bangkiki.
Instead of one person jumping in a car to run an errand that is a few miles away, we could book an electric scooter, that is, if a bike doesn't do the job.
As my colleagues have openly stated, $9,000 is a lot of money for a scooter is a lot of money.
No, you're a nerd for wishing your scooter was a transformer.
Long popular in Thailand, they were until recent years rare in Cambodia, where the cyclo and the scooter were the preferred mini-taxis.