from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A two-wheeled motor vehicle resembling a heavy bicycle, sometimes having two saddles and a sidecar with a third wheel.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. An open-seated motor-powered vehicle with two wheels.
- v. To motor around on a motorcycle; to ride.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A two-wheeled vehicle having a motor attached so as to be self-propelled. In common usage, a motorcycle is of heavier construction with larger wheels, a more powerful motor, and a higher maximum speed than a motorbike.
- intransitive v. to ride a motorcycle.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A bicycle or tricycle operated by some form of motor as well as by pedals.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a motor vehicle with two wheels and a strong frame
- v. ride a motorcycle
(How I ended up with a motorcycle is another tale for another day.)
YOU WOULDN'T THINK a motorcycle is a place for quiet reflection.
GRACE: When you say we, you're talking about what you call a motorcycle club, but I will call a motorcycle gang.
We ended up in what we call the motorcycle barrio, which is a neighborhood which is all about motorcycles - about 5 blocks by
According to the report, several state safety officials said they have seen a decline in motorcycle use and sales in their states.
The new motorcycle is being developed as part of Bajaj Auto's plan to expand its offerings in the entry-level segment, executives at two auto parts suppliers, who declined to be named, told Dow Jones Newswires recently.
Anything bigger than a motorcycle is likely to be useless within a few hours at most of entering the deadzone.
The Zero X electric motorcycle is a full sized high performance machine.
A 2007 Harley-Davidson Night Train motorcycle was stolen.
"Bon appétit!" chirped a woman in motorcycle jacket, and I quit chewing in time to give an enthusiastic nod of thanks ...