from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who scores.
- n. One who scores: a scorekeeper.
- n. Either of a pair of people, one provided by each side, who record in a specially formatted book, every ball bowled, every run scored, and every wicket that falls
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, scores.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which scores or notches.
- n. One who scores or records a score; specifically, one who keeps the score or marks the game in cricket, base-ball, a shooting-match, or the like.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. an official who records the score during the progress of a game
- n. a player who makes a score in a game or contest
- n. a logger who marks trees to be felled
Sorry, no etymologies found.
THE GOOD NEWS: Four starters and a 15 ppg scorer from the 2008-09 season return for a season that should be one of the most highly-anticipated this program's had in the last decade.
Despite dismissing its leading scorer from the team a day earlier for undisclosed reasons, West Aurora's victory puts them in the lead 127-86 in their basketball rivalry with the 213th game.
Morin, a skilled scorer, is expected to be one of the top American players chosen in the NHL draft.
THE BAD NEWS: The same challenge remains: Who can be a consistent shooter, a consistent scorer from the outside?
To say that Bill was a pretty good official scorer is like saying Ted Williams was a pretty good hitter.
In his last three games, the Mavericks 'leading scorer is averaging 14.6 points while shooting only 32.5 percent.
Setoguchi, the team's third-leading scorer, is expected to rejoin the team in time for San Jose's game Wednesday against Minnesota. ...
One friend, a noted B&C scorer from a Midwestern state noted for pumping out monster deer, told me that of the 40 top bucks in our state (divided evenly between typical and non-typical bucks, killed by gun and bow), 20 of the hunters had sold their racks to a collector.
George Parros had more goals through the first nine games than the Anaheim Ducks 'top scorer from a season ago (Corey Perry) and just as many as Teemu Selanne and Ryan Getzlaf.
(AP) - Although being a primary scorer is a new role for Chris Kaman, he's adjusting quite well to being the focus of the Los Angeles Clippers offense.