from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that explores, especially one that explores a geographic area.
- n. An implement or a tool used for exploring; a probe.
- n. A person aged 14-20 who is a participant in the exploring program of the Boy Scouts of America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who explores something
- n. A person who by means of travel (notably an expedition) searches out new information.
- n. Any of various hand tools, with sharp points, used in dentistry.
- n. A visual representation of a file system etc. through which the user can navigate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who explores; also, an apparatus with which one explores, as a diving bell.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which explores: oftenest applied to a geographical worker.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a commercial browser
- n. someone who travels into little known regions (especially for some scientific purpose)
Steve J. Scearce and Andy Scearce are writing two separate sci-fi blogs that represent each end of a story arc, in which a deep-space explorer from the future is sending back information to an Antarctica-based radio astronomer in present day.
But a space explorer is a solitary agent, working alone to uncover the mysteries of the universe.
Employment market explorer -- Employment Market explorer is tool designed to help people understand local employment market, giving them a chance to compare local, regional and state unemployment rates and analyze the labor market dynamics.
I used to use it all the time; it even makes it obvious in explorer which files are links, and provides simple context menu entries to create and manipulate links. planetarian
I think time machine vs system restore/shadow explorer is more equivilent.
For example, if I drag drop files in explorer, do these file copy programs take over?
Alexander von Humboldt, a Prussian naturalist and explorer, is considered by many to be the world's first ecologist.
Running these online application are not even safe as Internet explorer is an heaven for hackers.
The same with a returning explorer from the polar regions, or the latest literary or artistic success.
Al, as an explorer, is determined to travel east by sub in search of Atlantis!