from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that climbs, especially a person who climbs mountains.
- n. Sports A device, such as a crampon, used in mountain climbing.
- n. A plant that climbs.
- n. A person who avidly seeks a higher social or professional position.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person who climbs.
- n. A plant that climbs, such as a vine.
- v. To climb; to mount with effort; to clamber.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A plant that climbs.
- n. A bird that climbs, as a woodpecker or a parrot.
- intransitive v. To climb; to mount with effort; to clamber.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which climbs, mounts, or rises; one who ascends by labor or effort.
- n. In botany, a plant that rises by attaching itself to some support; specifically, in England, the virgin's-bower, Clematis Vitalba.
- n. plural In ornithology, the birds of the old order Scansores, as the parrots, cockatoos, woodpeckers, etc.: so called from their climbing habits. They have two toes before and two behind.
- n. A locomotive with driving-wheels fitted to a cog-rail, for ascending steep grades.
- n. plural Same asclimbing-irons.
- To climb; mount with effort; clamber.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a vine or climbing plant that readily grows up a support or over other plants
- n. someone who climbs as a sport; especially someone who climbs mountains
- n. someone seeking social prominence by obsequious behavior
- n. someone who ascends on foot
- n. an iron spike attached to the shoe to prevent slipping on ice when walking or climbing
I also forgot to mention that the climber is alot more comfortable to sit in if you are going to be hunting the majority of the day.
If you're going to stand hunt on public land, the climber is the way to go!
Sounds like Bill already has his answer, but I would submit that a climber is the way to go for anyone that plans to hunt for an extended period of time.
(Soundbite of laughter) Mr. DUGGINS: So it's like, you know, it's like you're a mountain climber and you say, oh, I've been up Mount Kilimanjaro, and I've been up K2, and I've done this and I've done that, and the conversation stops right there.
The climber is nice because you have alot more mobilty and its quiter to set up.
While I am a dedicated advocate of the exploration of space, I am also a mountain climber with 40 years of experience, of the DOZENS of people the Artful Dodger says make it every year I wonder how many of them actually climb Everest as opposed to jugging the fixed line that runs almost all the way to the top?
Danny Boyle is about to embark on the filming of 127 Hours, the story of mountain climber Aron Ralston, who was forced to amputate his own arm with a penknife after being pinned under a boulder.
James Franco stars as Aron Ralston, the mountain climber who was pinned under a boulder and amputated his own arm to escape; Caplan will play his younger sister, Sonja, who was 22 at the time of his accident.
The film tells the story of Aron Ralston, the mountain climber who amputated his own arm to free himself after being trapped by a boulder for nearly five days.
My summit goliath climber is so big and comfy I get some of my best sleep while deer hunting.