Help Wordnik hunt for a million missing words by backing our Kickstarter!


from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia

  • n. A simple form of press producing pressure by the direct action of a screw: used by printers and bookbinders for dry-pressing, or removing the indentations of impression from printed sheets, and for making bound books more compact and solid.
  • n. Same as clay-press.


Sorry, no etymologies found.



Log in or sign up to get involved in the conversation. It's quick and easy.