from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- In a steamship, a cock or valve close to the vessel's side, for closing a pipe which communicates with the sea.
- The black-bellied plover.
- A gurnard, as the European red gurnard (
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun nautical Alternative form of
- noun The black-bellied plover.
- noun A
gurnard, such as the European red gurnard (Trigla pini).
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.