from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A rugged range of mountains having an irregular or jagged profile. See Usage Note at redundancy.
- n. A Spanish mackerel (Scomberomorus sierra) of the Pacific coast of tropical America.
- n. See cero.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A rugged range of mountains.
- n. The letter S in the ICAO spelling alphabet.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A ridge of mountain and craggy rocks, with a serrated or irregular outline.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A chain of hills or mountains: used as part of the name of many mountain-chains in Spanish or formerly Spanish countries: as, the Sierra. Nevada (in Spain and in California).
- n. A scombroid fish, Scomberomorus caballa, a kind of Spanish mackerel.
- n. Same as chromosphere.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Spanish mackerel of western North America
- n. a range of mountains (usually with jagged peaks and irregular outline)
Afterwards, I flew out of San Andres in a light aircraft and had an opportunity to view the Huichol sierra from the air.
I purchased some Federal 140 grain sierra boat tails that the rifle really likes to shoot.
And the first hour and a half of that, from Tuxpan to the foot of the sierra, is actually pretty good, including a short stretch of autopista from Tuxpan to Tihuatlan.
Kristen said: On January 29, 2009 sierra is absolutely adorable and baxter is such a good sport. can’t wait to see the pink fancypants. shimarella said: On January 29, 2009
January 08, 2007 9: 27 PM sierra aka gen lover! said ... oops, sorry for the double post. still loving Eugenides!!!
M. Faye, of the French Academy, inclined to a lunar origin for them;  Feilitsch of Greifswald published in 1852 a treatise for the express purpose of proving all the luminous phenomena attendant on solar eclipses -- corona, prominences and "sierra" -- to be purely optical appearances. [
Spanish geographers would call them a "sierra" (saw) -- a phrase which they have applied to the Andes of America.
MPA Network Planner envirolink north west. working with organizations such as sierra club, human rights campaign, and environment america to win concrete victories for the public interest. we are the .... ability to collaborate and lead in a culturally and functionally diverse environment.
Personal Best Adviser london borough of tower hamlets. working with organizations such as sierra club, human rights campaign, and environment america to win concrete victories for the public interest. we are the ....
Up to £25k+ commission first year!. worcester short breaks service, worcester. institute of education. central london. working with organizations such as sierra club, human rights campaign, and environment america to win concrete victories for the public interest. we are the ....