from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A jump or leap made by a skier, especially one in which the skier is judged on both form and the distance jumped.
- n. A course or chute prepared for such a jump, especially one that ends in a platform used for takeoff.
- intransitive v. To execute a ski jump.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. The ramp used in the sport of ski jumping
- n. A course prepared for ski jumping.
- n. A jump made in ski jumping.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a steep downward ramp from which skiers jump
- v. jump on skis
Sorry, no etymologies found.
She looked like a perfect coal miner’s daughter, twenty-seven years old, with a streak of gray above her wide forehead like Susan Sontag’s, a strong jawline, and a little ski jump of a nose.