from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. To question and listen attentively in order to discover a person's opinion, intent, or preference, especially by using indirect conversational remarks.
- v. To pronounce a word or phrase by articulating each of its letters or syllables slowly in sequence.
- v. To speak or sing loudly, to call out.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- v. try to learn someone's opinions and intentions
- v. speak, pronounce, or utter in a certain way
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.