from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. One that speeds, especially a driver who exceeds a legal or safe speed.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. One who speeds, or exceeds the maximum legal speed limit.
- n. A machine for drawing and twisting slivers to form rovings, in spinning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, speeds.
- n. A machine for drawing and twisting slivers to form rovings.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who makes speed; one who advances rapidly, or who gains success.
- n. One who or that which moves with great swiftness, as a horse.
- n. One who or something which promotes speed; specifically, some mechanical contrivance for quickening speed of motion or operation; any speeding device in a machine, as a pair of speed-cones or cone-pulleys. See speed-multiplier.
- n. In cotton manufacturing, a machine which takes the place of the bobbin and fly-frame, receiving the slivers from the carders, and twisting them into rovings.
- n. A regulator or governor for controlling the revolutions of a machine, such as an electric motor.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a driver who exceeds the safe speed limit
Sorry, no etymologies found.
So I went from my drawing tenders to at that time what was called a speeder frame.
A Dish of Poached Eggs. Have ready a kettle of boiling water, pour it in a pan or speeder, which is set on coals; have the eggs at hand; put a little salt in the water, and break them in, one at a time, till you get all in; let them remain till the white is set, and take them out with an egg-spoon, and put on a dish that has buttered toast on it.
Steve's museum is home to not only endless Star Wars toys, costumes, model kits, action figures and posters, but also classic film artifacts such as speeder bike and snowspeeder models, pieces of the krayt dragon skeleton, Mos Eisley Cantina creature masks (made from the original molds) and a Han Solo stunt pistol, to name just a few.
Of course no charges were filed against the officer who was trying to catch the "speeder" that wouldn't stop.
So here in South Carolina a cop hit another car while trying to catch a "speeder" that wouldn't stop.
Missouri imposes new rules on 'speeder' and red-light cameras
Missouri issues new rules for red light and "speeder" cameras
Star Wars Titanium Kashyyyk speeder bike scout die cast
Scout Speeder by admin on Feb. 27, 2009, under Uncategorized where can i purchase a cheep republican gunship and a biker scout speeder for star wars action figures? thanks very much!
Traffic chap stopped a speeder on his mobile with no seatbelt.