from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A person or a thing that splits.
- n. A scientist in one of various fields who prefers to split categories such as species or dialects up into smaller groups.
- n. In baseball, a splitfinger fastball (a type of pitch).
- n. A draggable vertical or horizontal bar used to adjust the relative sizes of two adjacent windows.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. One who, or that which, splits.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. One who or that which splits: as, a rail-splitter; also, an implement used in splitting.
- n. One who splits hairs; one who makes too fine distinctions, as in argument, classification, etc.: in natural history, opposed to lumper. See the quotation under lumper, 3.
- n. A kind of rich short-cake baked in irons like waffles, and then split and buttered.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a worker who splits fish and removes the backbone
- n. a laborer who splits logs to build split-rail fences
- n. a taxonomist who classifies organisms into many groups on the basis of relatively minor characteristics
It ain't Hillary that's killing the party – with 90% of the African American vote, I believe we can say that the party splitter is Obama and he's doing it down racial lines.
I simply took the upstairs connection and plugged it directly into the internet/cable splitter, thus reducing one splitter from the equation.
To the hitter, the fastball and splitter come out of his hand the same way, but the splitter is roughly 5 to 7 mph slower and drops at the last second.
The splitter is a lot easier to throw and it gives you something against a guy who hits the other way.
A splitter is a great little adapter to carry with your iPod for those instances where you want to share what you're listening to with someone else.
BTW does anyone actually give a fcuk I was called a splitter for being a member of the Peoples Juedan Front.
"They'll be lots of cadets, boys and girls, who'll be learning how to use the psychotron, the accelerators and all the new stuff, the neuron splitter, which is going to be the interplaner, interceptor and all these great tools that they're going to have, to flip from dimension to dimension"
"They'll be lots of cadets, boys and girls, who'll be learning how to use the psychotron, the accelerators and all the new stuff, the neuron splitter, which is going to be the interplaner, interceptor and all these great tools that they're going to have, to flip from dimension to dimension."
Using a device known as a splitter, a complete copy of internet traffic that AT&T receives -- email, web browsing requests and other electronic communications sent by AT&T customers, or received from people who use another internet service provider -- was diverted onto a separate fiber-optic cable connected to the company's SG-3 room, controlled by NSA.
"They'll be lots of cadets, boys and girls, who'll be acquisition how to ingest the psychotron, the accelerators and every the newborn stuff, the neuron splitter, which is feat to be the interplaner, interceptor and every these enthusiastic tools that they're feat to have, to fling from magnitude to dimension," Aykroyd explained. / blockquote