from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Characterized by or containing sugar: sugary foods.
- adj. Tasting or looking like sugar.
- adj. Excessively or cloyingly sweet: sugary compliments; a sugary smile.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Of food, drink, etc, containing or covered with a large amount of sugar
- adj. Of behavior, exaggeratedly sweet and pleasant, often to the point of aversion.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Resembling or containing sugar; tasting of sugar; sweet.
- adj. Fond of sugar or sweet things.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Resembling sugar in appearance or properties; containing or composed of sugar; sweet; sometimes, excessively or offensively sweet.
- Fond of sugar or of sweet things: as, sugary palates.
- Sweet in a figurative sense; honeyed; alluring; sometimes, deceitful.
- n. An establishment where sugar is made; a sugar-house.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing sugar
As Halloween rolls gustily around the corner, some of us might wax nostalgic for the hallowed eves of yore -- when we ate our weight in sugary sweets, dressed up in uncomfortable costumes and listened to stories that we knew would give us nightmares.
Cut the calories you are consuming in sugary beverages, says registered dietitian Dawn Jackson Blatner.
Do we feel bad because indulging in sugary goodness is not good for our physical well-being?
For the salad recipe I add two large pinches of sugar, just a bit to allow onions to give up their sharpness and to mellow in sugary juices.
Colombia, ruled by military and social dictator General Gustavo Rojas Pinilla, played down the true events and Velasco’s vastly publicized story had a certain sugary taste.
By Good Golly Miss Holly -- serves the yin and yang of the dessert world: tart frozen yogurt, touted for its nutritional value and health benefits; and giant specialty cupcakes, better known as a sugary indulgence.
Even though they're wrong about everything, from what one should call a sugary drink which fizzes when opened to how best to solve social security issues.
And she's legitimately tender, if cheesy, on "My Heart Beats for Love," a power ballad - reportedly written for a gay friend - that recalls a sugary
The White House has secured the cooperation of food industry executives, who have pledged to reduce the amount of sugar in school lunches, and beverage makers who promise to more clearly label their sugary drinks.
A soft drink (also referred to as soda, pop, soda pop or fizzy drink) is a drink that typically contains no alcohol, though may contain small amounts  (typically less than 0.5% by volume) and is usually referred to as a sugary drink.