from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Of, containing, or seasoned with salt.
- adj. Suggestive of the sea or sailing life.
- adj. Witty; pungent; earthy: salty humor.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Tasting of salt.
- adj. Containing salt.
- adj. Coarse, provocative, earthy; said of language.
- adj. Experienced, especially used to indicate a veteran of the naval services; salty dog (from salt of the sea).
- adj. Irritated, annoyed; from sharp, spicy flavor of salt.
- adj. Pertaining to those dialects of Catalan, spoken in the Balearic Islands and along the coast of Catalonia, that use definitive articles descended from the Latin ipse ("self") instead of the Latin ille ("that").
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Somewhat salt; saltish.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Somewhat salt; saltish.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. containing or filled with salt
- adj. engagingly stimulating or provocative
- adj. one of the four basic taste sensations; like the taste of sea water
Cornell Chicken is often served with Syracuse Salt Potatoes, small white local potatoes boiled in salty water.
Otherwise will have to resort to some sort of Elly May Clampett outfit which will confuse everyone, none more so than me. i.e. something with expandable midriff to factor in salty oily nibbly things at Lock n Load.
I got for the ham and cheese buns, the dragon roll (glutinous rice dumpling with red bean paste) and the pork dumping (its in salty, oily glutinous rice package).
Well, if the meat is fresh, I'd suggest putting it to soak in salty water in the fridge for a day or two.
They will keep for quite a while in salty water if it's kept cold and covered.
Those I-10 snake fritters are too gamey and are likely too salty from the tears shed on them from passing PETA fanatics.
Blood, pouring into me, through me, enveloping me in salty copper.
They just came out with peanut butter cookies which would be so delish with a peanut butter cream cheese frosting rolled in salty chopped peanuts!
To take your argument to its logical conclusion, I would need to eradicate the word feta from every one of my recipes and call it "salty white cheese masquerading as feta."
It starts out rich and salty from the smoked salmon on the outside, and the tobiko that the sushi was rolled in pop in your mouth.