from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- adj. Possessing or demonstrating wit in speech or writing; very clever and humorous.
- adj. Characterized by or having the nature of wit; funny or jocular: a witty saying.
- adj. Quick to discern and express amusing insights or relationships.
- adj. Entertainingly and strikingly clever or original in concept, design, or performance: a witty sculpture; witty choreography.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Wise, having good judgement.
- adj. Possessing a strong intellect or intellectual capacity; intelligent, skilful, ingenious.
- adj. Clever; amusingly ingenious.
- adj. Full of wit.
- adj. quick of mind; insightful; in possession of wits
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Possessed of wit; knowing; wise; skillful; judicious; clever; cunning.
- adj. Especially, possessing wit or humor; good at repartee; droll; facetious; sometimes, sarcastic.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Possessed of wisdom or learning; wise; discreet; knowing; artful.
- Exhibiting intelligence or ingenuity; clever; skilfully devised.
- Possessed of wit; smartly or cleverly facetious; ready with strikingly novel, clever, shrewd, and amusing sayings, or with sharp repartee; brilliant, sparkling, and original in expressing amusing notions or ideas; hence, sometimes, sarcastic; satirical: of persons.
- Characterized by or pregnant with wit: as, a witty remark or repartee.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. combining clever conception and facetious expression
And a certain witty, dapper silver fox is looking like he may be the ad man plummeting to his doom in the opening credits as Don Draper looks on with a certain relaxed detachment, arm draped, as it were, over the back of his sofa.
And a certain witty, dapper silver fox is looking like he may be the ad man plummeting to his doom in the opening credits as Don Draper watches on with a certain relaxed detachment, arm draped, as it were, over the back of his sofa.
I think being witty is sort of a dime a dozen, and there has to be something more.
You're so frickin witty, and your posts are always awesome -- chock full of so many mouth-watering pics.
If he is a spy, they will engage in witty, innuendo-filled conversation, retire to his cabana, and make love.
It's a man's life done in short witty insightful pieces.
We always mention thrift as an attribute of the Teutonic nations; the Irishman we characterize as witty and pugnacious; the Frenchman as polite; the American as progressive.
Smith still misses her friend, whom she described as witty, sometimes naive.
Players can type in short, witty comments about the drama unfolding on screen.
a prolific store of words and expressions which he exploits to the full in witty dialogue, in satire and grotesquery, in quiet poetry and essays of sparkling vitality.