from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of or relating to oil.
- adjective Impregnated, smeared with, or containing oil; greasy.
- adjective Excessively suave or ingratiating. synonym: unctuous.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Consisting of oil; containing oil; having some of the qualities of oil: as, oily matter; an oily fluid.
- Appearing as if oiled; resembling oil.
- Fat; greasy.
- Figuratively, unctuous; smooth; insinuatingly and smoothly sanctimonious; blandly pious; fawning.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Consisting of oil; containing oil; having the nature or qualities of oil; unctuous; oleaginous.
- adjective Covered with oil; greasy; hence, resembling oil.
- adjective Smoothly subservient; supple; compliant; plausible; insinuating.
- adjective (Bot.) the sesame.
- adjective the oil palm.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Relating to
- adjective Smeared with or containing oil.
- adjective figuratively Excessively friendly or polite so as to sound insincere.
- noun A
marblewith an oily lustre.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective smeared or soiled with grease or oil
- adjective coated or covered with oil
- adjective containing an unusual amount of grease or oil
- adjective unpleasantly and excessively suave or ingratiating in manner or speech
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From oil + -y.
Sorry, no example sentences found.