from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having the property of adhering or sticking to a surface; adhesive.
- adjective Covered with an adhesive agent.
- adjective Warm and humid; muggy.
- adjective Informal Painful or difficult.
- adjective Economics Tending to remain the same despite changes in the economy. Used of prices or wages.
- adjective Of or relating to an item of software or hardware, such as an onscreen graphic or mouse button, that remains active for a brief time after being touched.
- adjective Of or relating to content designed to increase the duration of visits to a website.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Like a stick; stiff.
- Having the property of adhering to a surface; inclining to stick; adhesive; viscous; viscid; glutinous; tenacious.
- Humid; producing stickiness; muggy: as, a disagreeable, sticky day.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having the quality of sticking to a surface; adhesive; gluey; viscous; viscid; glutinous; tenacious.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Able or likely to
- adjective Potentially difficult to escape from.
- adjective computing, informal, of a setting
- adjective computing, of a window Appearing on all virtual desktops.
- adjective Internet, of threads on a bulletin board Fixed at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
- adjective Internet
Compellingenough to keep visitors from leaving.
- adjective Of weather, hot and wind-less and with high
humidity, so that people feel sticky from sweating.
- noun A
sticky note, such as a post-it note.
- noun manufacturing A small
adhesiveparticle found in wastepaper.
- verb Internet, bulletin boards to fix a thread at the top of the list of topics or threads so as to keep it in view.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective moist as with undried perspiration and with clothing sticking to the body
- adjective hot or warm and humid
- adjective hard to deal with; especially causing pain or embarrassment
- adjective covered with an adhesive material
- adjective having the sticky properties of an adhesive
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From stick + -y.
Sorry, no example sentences found.