from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A false shirt-front sometimes worn with a tuxedo.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A small 3rd seat in the back of an old-fashioned 2-seat car.
- n. An article of clothing worn by men, consisting of a detachable insert (usually starched), worn suspended from the neck, which simulates the front of a shirt.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a man's detachable insert (usually starched) to simulate the front of a shirt
- n. a small third seat in the back of an old-fashioned two-seater
Sorry, no etymologies found.
And that's before most of Duran Duran turn up in dickie bows, looking like they've just left an awards ceremony in 1985.
I was, then, thanking my stars for not uttering the word "dickie" which is so bloody common in India for the boot aka trunk!
"He gave her a hug, you were great too, you still have" dickie "** to do.
"It's only 50 years since I started in television, so there's many more years to come," he says in the press campaign, underneath a suave photo of him in DJ and dickie bow.
Irish, blue eyed, light brown hair and great body but small dickie.
The FOX news group IS trying (ala rush, dickie, knut, mc cain) their very best to make President Obama bad news.
Only a right wing nut job thinks dickie boy is relevant.
My guess is “dickie ray hunt” from Kentucky or sum shyt.
Similarly, I hope we never see Walowitz expose his dickie again by which I mean his black mock turtleneck on The Big Bang Theory.
Ranter, you and dickie remind me of another duo; dumb and dumber.